Karen Burkhart Logo
Home PageBiographyMusicReflectionsEventsContact MePromo Kit

Reflections

Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring Happenings

Hi Everyone!

It's been a couple months since my last post and a few things have transpired that I 'd like to share with you. A week ago Sunday night I sang to a group of about 50 folks in Galion, OH at Peace Lutheran Church. I was part of their concert-series that they've been doing for a while. They offered a simple dinner and people gathered around round tables in their fellowship hall and then I sang after dinner. I was so happy to have a few friends from Columbus travel to Galion to be there for the concert. Next week, I will be travelling to Mason, OH (near Cincinnati) for a women's gathering, where they routinely draw about 400 women. The theme of the evening is "We sparkle like jewels in His crown". The decor and meal will be based on the classic movie, "Breakfast at Tiffanys". I am the featured guest and will be sharing 5 or 6 songs and some words of testimony. I'm excited that I will be sharing my newest song, "Never Mistake". Felix Weber has done another wonderful job creating a beautiful accompaniment track for me. I've been giving a lot of prayer and thought to my preparations as I sincerely desire to encourage this group of women and remind them that we are precious to Christ and that "He rejoices over us with singing!"

Also on the horizon is a trip to Manitoba! Just a couple weeks ago I was able to firm up plans for two separate concerts in southern Manitoba for the middle of May. Some of you may know that not only did I once live in Manitoba but my sister and her family still reside there. It's been about 4 years since I visited them in Manitoba (though we've seen each other elsewhere). I'm looking forward to visiting them on their own turf, getting a glimpse into their world, and sharing my music with old and new friends in Manitoba. One of the churches is in the process of constructing a new sanctuary and it's expected that it will be completed in time for the concert to be held there as a sort of "grand opening."

On the new music front, I mentioned that Felix has created the accompaniment track for Never Mistake. I'm hoping to be able to record the vocals this spring. I'm very excited about the prospect of making the song a duet with a wonderful male singer from Canada. I can't share his name yet as we've yet to work out the details, but it's looking very good! I'd be honored to have his voice on my song. Stay tuned for more about that!

I'm also working on another song called, "Close The Gap". This song was inspired by a dear single-mom that we're blessed to know. Not too long ago we sat and I listened to her pain as she lamented all that her son would miss because there is no father in his life. She had been reading in a psychology book about the "prognosis" for a child who grows up without a father and the words she read were very disheartening. While not diminishing the vital role of a father, I encouraged her with the TRUTH that God has promised to be a father to the fatherless! I also found myself saying to her over and over again that God will "fill in the gaps". The next day, while on my treadmill, the words to this song started to come together. I'm still working on refining the lyric and creating a melody, but I hope it'll all come together in the not-so-distant future!

That's all for now! Thanks for listening and for your continued interest in my music and ministry.

For His Sake,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please Input your comments

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger