Karen Burkhart Logo
Home PageBiographyMusicReflectionsEventsContact MePromo Kit

Reflections

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Never Mistake

Happy 2011! Things are moving along this year already! I have just finished writing a brand new song called, "Never Mistake". It's a song for which the inspiration came many years ago. A preacher spoke at college chapel at North Central University in about 1990 or 1991 and he said one line that I've rememebered forever. The line was this: Never Mistake the silence of God for absence. I wrote that phrase down in my Bible and have read it numerous times over the years. I suppose it was particularly meaningful to me at that time in my life as I earnestly sought God for his plan and direction. There's something about nearing the end of college that forces that kind of contemplation. So often I felt like I was calling out to God and asking Him for clear direction and yet He remained silent and then disappointment or confusion would take up residence. You see, back then, I was always looking for the writing on the wall. I was so nervous to make a mistake outside His will. As I've matured and grown in my walk with the Lord, I've learned that the walk of faith is more often about following your heart's passion and trusting Him to bless your decisions and to work in you! Henry Blackaby put it this way, "Find out where God is working and join Him there." So, this new song, Never Mistake, is a song that, I believe, is relatable to everyone who is waiting on God for guidance or an answer to prayer, or to someone who may be facing difficult consequences for sinful actions. The words to the chorus are:

Never mistake
The silence of God for absence
Never mistake
His discipline for wrath
Never mistake
A no for I don't love you
Never mistake
The father heart of God

So, now I've got 1 song down and 2 more to go before I can record my new CD. I have a handful of other songs that I'm working at. I'm not sure which of those will emerge next! The thing I'm learning about songwriting (or anything creative for that matter) is that there are countless directions one could go but at some point, I just need to pick a direction and MOVE! Hmmm, it kind of sounds a lot like the walk of faith!

If you would join me in prayer for a few items, I would appreciate it.

1) Pray for continued inspiration to write!
2) Pray for the funds to record the new CD
3) Pray for wisdom on how/when to proceed with the launch of the new CD.
4) Pray for more doors of ministry to open to me so I can share my song and story with more and more!

Thanks for your interest and support!

In Him,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please Input your comments

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger