Karen Burkhart Logo
Home PageBiographyMusicReflectionsEventsContact MePromo Kit

Reflections

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 2010 Update

Hi! Just a few more days until my family travels to Canada for Christmas, so I thought I better post a new entry to keep you up to date on happenings.

First of all, I wanted to let you know that "You, Me, and Jesus in a Ryder Truck" continues to get airplay on inspirational country radio in 10 different markets. Though I have yet to receive any feedback about the song, I can only hope that people are enjoying it and that it will soon spread to even more markets. If you have a station playing inspirational music in your area, I would so appreciate you taking a moment to drop them a line or pick up the phone to request the song. I will be happy to provide a CD or mp3 file to any DJ willing to play the song.

My goal for the new year is to write and produce 3-4 new songs and then release an EP that would include these songs along with my single, Finders Weepers. I also hope to work with HMG Nashville to formally release a few songs to inspirational radio. I am really curious to see how well my songs will be received by DJs and listeners. I hope that releasing to radio will help open more doors for ministry and in turn, help me make more music. Before I can reach these goals, I will need to sell a bunch of my current CD, Just One Glimpse, and earn money through appearances. I would so appreciate you referring me to any churches/pastors that might be willing to invite me to sing.

I am singing this coming Sunday at Karl Road Baptist Church in Columbus. I will be the featured soloist and will have the honor of having the Karl Road Baptist Choir joining me. I will be singing, "Birthday of a King" which is one of my favorite Christmas songs.

On Christmas Eve I will be singing at my parents' home church in Shawville, Quebec. I also received an invitation to sing at a large church in Ottawa, Ontario on New Year's Eve, but sadly, I had to decline; the timing wasn't conducive to our travel plans. I do hope they will invite me again!

Well, that's it for now. Thanks for reading and for your continued support and interest in my music and ministry. I so appreciate you, your encouragement, and your support.

Have a blessed Christmas and I hope you will carve out some time to sit by the manger and soak in the wonder of our Father's most precious gift.

In Him,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please Input your comments

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger