Karen Burkhart Logo
Home PageBiographyMusicReflectionsEventsContact MePromo Kit

Reflections

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Power Source Magazine Reviews "Just One Glimpse"

Hi Everyone!

A couple days ago I received some exciting news that Power Source Magazine has chosen to review my CD in their August, 2010 edition! I'll be sure to give you the link to it once it's available online.

Each month Power Source Magazine is mailed to industry professionals, members of the Christian Country Music Association, fan subscribers, and radio. They mail to over 2,000 radio stations, including approx. 1,000 Christian Country stations and charting stations in Country (including Music Row reporters), Southern Gospel and Bluegrass. They also provide additional distribution during major events, including: Country Radio Seminar, CMA Fest, National Quartet Convention, and of course ICM (Inspirational Country Music) Week and the ICM Awards. The magazine was founded by Gene Higgins, who also founded the Christian Country Music Association/ICM Awards (www.ccma.cc & www.icm-awards.com) and HMG Nashville (which is a marketing and promotional service for artists.)

I'm so grateful to have this opportunity to get some publicity about my CD and ministry into the hands of industry professionals and artists. The "Inspirational Country" genre seems to be a very good fit for my song-writing and vocal style. If you had asked me 5 years ago what type of music I felt most suited to write, I would have said, "Contemporary Christian" or "Praise and Worship". Though I still am very passionate about those genres, I seem to be a story-teller at heart and country music is a wonderful medium for that.

I am hoping to attend the 16th Annual Inspirational Country Music Week in Nashville from October 10-14th. It's my desire to learn more about the industry, connect with other artists, get inspired, and develop my song-writing. This event seems like it would give me opportunity to reach those goals.

As with most opportunities in life, there is a financial cost. In this case, there is about $1000 standing between me and this opportunity. I could reach this goal by selling about 80-100 more CDs (which I already have in stock). Perhaps you know of someone who might enjoy receiving a gift of one of my CDs. I am selling one CD for $12.00 or multiples at $10.00 each. Shipping costs are minimal. Please email me at karen@karenburkhart.com if you'd like to place an order or visit my website at www.karenburkhart.com. I also have 4 individual songs available for download at ITUNES. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Making Music for His Glory,
Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please Input your comments

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger